This is where we'll post some of our favorite recipes - hope you enjoy.
To 5 Cups of Water Add - Crazy Jerry's Cheap Label Gumbo Mix
- Bring to a boil, stirring every once in a while.
- When boil is reached, reduce heat to medium, keep at a low rolling boil for 20 minutes.
- 1/2 lb smoked sausage sliced to your liking, or Andouille if you wanna get fancy.
- 1 Can (14oz) undrained diced tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes
- 1/2 lb boiled and PULLED chicken (never, never dice it!)
- 1/2 lb raw shelled / deveined shrimp
- Cook 5 more minutes and it's done!!
(If you're using frozen cooked shrimp, thaw to room temperature and throw in the pot for a couple minutes just to heat).
Pour over White Rice, Spice it up with Crazy Jerry's Cheap Label Hot Sauce, and LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!!
CRAZY FAKE CRAB MEAT BURRITO
Have you ever wondered what to do with imitation crab meat? Me neither, cause it's not that good! Well, I did get an idea to try something with it one day and this was before I had any help from google. Anyway, I made it and asked Betty Boop to try it and she said "Heck No", or something like that. But, after sweet talking her for awhile she did try it (this was in 1995) and I'm still making it for her today! So, why don't ya'll make it... it's quick and simple and pretty darn good! Let me know what you think.
Take a flour tortilla and spread sour cream on it, then put on the fake crab meat. Next, cover it with shredded cheddar cheese. Pour on our Cheap Label Seafood & A Whole Lot More Sauce (which was called Oyster, Clam & Everything Else Sauce when I first made this recipe...) fold the tortilla up and throw it in your George Foreman Grill to crisp it up a little and the cheese is melted. I pour more Cheap Label Hot Sauce on it or a little salsa, and, it's done. Hope you like it!
- 2 Salmon Fillets - Skin On
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Sliced in Thin Strips
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Sliced in Thin Strips
- 1 Extra Large Ripe Tomato Sliced
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (or more like we do)
- 1 Bottle Crazy Jerry's "Cheap Label Seafood & A Whole Lot More Hot Sauce"
Place Salmon Fillets in a 3" to 4" deep aluminum pan skin down. Pour Seafood Hot Sauce over Fillets until you have approximately 1/2" sauce in the the bottom of the pan. Layer the bell peppers over the fillets. Next, layer the tomato slices on the top of the peppers. Now, cover everything liberally with the Parmesan cheese.
Tent the pan with aluminum foil (allowing the salmon to steam in the sauce). Place the pan on low grill or low oven (300 to 350 degrees). Test Salmon by flaking with fork (when the salmon flakes, remove from the heat).
Serve Salmon on dish with Crazy Rice and drizzle sauce from the pan over the salmon and rice. Enjoy!
Makes 2 servings
- 6 Tablespoons Slivered Almonds
- 6 Tablespoons Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Uncooked Long-grain White Rice
- 8 Tablespoons Butter or Margin
- 3 Cups Water
- 3 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 3 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Three (3) oz Cans Chopped Drained Mushrooms (optional)
In sauce pan, cook almonds, onions, and rice in butter for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently until lightly browned.
Add water, bouillon cubes, lemon juice and salt. Bring to boil, stirring to dissolve bouillon cubes. Reduce heat; cover and cook slowly about 20 to 25 minutes or till liquid is absorbed and rice is fluffy. Stir in drained mushrooms.
Makes 6 servings